- Leo Kopp - how a brewer turned saint
- The glory of Gabriel Garcia Márquez
- Klaus Voormann – a life with the Beatles
- The “Venedigermandl”
- The murder of the beautiful Maria von Brabant
- The melting of the Himalayan glaciers
- Bhutan - The country of „Gross national Happiness“
- Colombia: oilfield disappeared by indian witchcraft?
Leo Kopp - how a brewer turned saint
The Bogotá central cemetery. Hundreds of believers are queuing up every day in front of the tomb of Leo Kopp from Germany, founder of the brewery “Bavaria”, the first one in Colombia. They are bringing flowers to him, whispering their wishes into the ear of the brewers statue, because they are convinced: “Don Leo” is performing miracles. The reason for Hallowing is the way he treated its workers: as it was common practice at the beginning of the 20th century in the German Reich, Kopp provided security for them with social insurances and he constructed apartments close to the plant – at that time unheard in Colombia, and even today totally unusual. This did not prejudice “Bavaria” – today it is the biggest brewery in Latin America and number ten worldwide.
Additional material in stock.
Broadcast in German Television ARD